Smoothie Weight Loss Plan
Terms and Conditions
Banana Smoothies for Weight Loss
Bananas are a superfood and are rich in nutrients, phytochemicals, and fiber. They are one of the most economical means of getting your daily fruit requirements. One large banana gives you half of your daily fruit requirement. Nutritionists recommend eating three bananas each week. You will love banana weight loss smoothies - they are a great way to eat this wonderful fruit.
Potassium is a mineral that helps keep your body fluids balanced which helps regulate your blood pressure. A single banana averages over 450 milligrams of potassium. They are also a god source of magnesium. Bananas are also rich in vitamins B6 and C. They have lots of fiber.
Health Benefits of Banana Smoothies
Bananas have the following healthy benefits:
- Lower Blood Pressure: As mentioned, the potassium in bananas helps lower high blood pressure. It helps that they are low in sodium.
- Rich in Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 helps your body create red blood cells. It also aids in breaking down proteins into components that can be used by your body. Finally, it plays an indirect role in lowering the risk of cardiovascular disease by keeping your homocysteine levels balanced.
- Loaded with Fiber: Fiber keeps the digestive system healthy and reduces the incidence of cardiovascular disease.
- Rich in Fructooligosaccharide: Fructooligosaccharide (FOS) is a naturally occurring substance that fosters the growth of the “good” bacteria that reside in your colon. These “good” bacteria create vitamins, enzymes, and other organic acids. They help defend your body against “bad” bacteria.
- Natural antacid: Bananas help prevent stomach ulcers and act as an antacid.
- Protect against cancer: Bananas are particularly effective at preventing several types of cancer, including kidney cancer. Proteins in bananas called lectins may also fight cancer and prevent tumor growth.
- Stronger bones: Bananas increases your body’s ability to absorb calcium and other minerals necessary to keep your bones strong. They also help reduce the loss of calcium from your body through your urine.
You will love using banana smoothies for weight loss! They taste wonderful and will keep you feeling full.
Banana Smoothie Recipes
1 cup low-fat or non-fat milk
1/2 cup non-fat yogurt
1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
2 ripe bananas, small, sliced and frozen
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pour all ingredients except nutmeg into a blender. Cover and blend for 2 minutes. Serve in chilled glasses, topped with sprinkled nutmeg.
BANANA COFFEE SMOOTHIE
2 small bananas, peeled, cut up, and frozen
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1 8-oz. container low-fat coffee yogurt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
Dash ground nutmeg
In a blender, combine frozen bananas, milk, yogurt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cover and blend till smooth.
Don't forget, these banana weight loss smoothie recipes are just a starting off point. Customize them and make them your own!
Green Recipes Smoothies
Blenders and Mixers